GSS through our Geostructural Solutions brand particularly excel at basement construction below or near existing buildings. Our range of specialist restricted access piling, underpinning, structural, temporary works and groundworks skills allow us to complete even the most complicated schemes in house. We regularly demonstrate this to the best effect for our customers by creating underground space and increased property value. Our experience includes warranty backed multi-story basements, below the water table and exceeding 11m depth, for prestigious properties in London, in the logistically most challenging locations.
Our engineering team, working with our long term craftsmen on site, can deploy our range of specialty skills and select the most appropriate construction methods for the project. We are able to deliver our projects using the traditional "Bottom-up" approach or "Top-down" approach. Whatever the approach, we always aim to ensure that spend is minimised by utilising parts of the permanent structure to minimise the temporary works required. We are often able of undertake basement and superstructure installation works concurrently, or with significant overlap. Our engineers like to work closely with the architect and structural engineer from an early stage to ensure best value is realised.
We are able to offer the following skills and services when constructing basements:
- Industry leading experience in high end residential basements in logistically challenging locations
- In-house engineering skills to design and coordinate temporary and permanent designs
- Long term crews of skilled and trained temporary works coordinators, site supervisors and craftsmen
- In house specialist plant including drilling rigs, excavators, conveyor systems supported with local maintenance teams
- Various options for guaranteeing elements such as waterproofing